View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
IMO Dorsett is no Chris Neil. Neil can legitimately go with heavyweights. Neil can hurt players playing dirty or playing clean. He is noticeably larger than Dorsett and hits really hard. Dorsett and Neil in a fight would not be a good match for Dorsett. Dorsett is Prust size but not as good a fighter as Prust. Being willing is one thing--being able is another.

What it comes down to is Dorsett is a gritty agitating little peckerhead with some skill and a bit of crazy--why the Avery comparison.

Neil is a very good fighter-an intimidating body checker with some skill and a lot of mean.

Dorsett is in between those 2 size wise. Every scrappy player reminds people of Avery around here. I don't think he is anything like him.

BTW I never said Dorsett is a heavy weight, I know he isn't. However, he has a similar skillset and disposition compared to Neil. While he does take some (stupid) penalties, every player making a living in this niche does. If Avery got hit like Dorsett did, Avery would have spent the entire game trying to get retribution. It only made Dorsett and the team as a whole play better.

I don't want this thread to devolve into an Avery good/bad thread. Suffice to say I will agree to disagree.