View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Silver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucktown View Post
So sick of all this. Just build it already. Originally I had thought that Katz should contribute more/make up the shortfall. But at this point I don't even care at this point where the money comes from. As a simple fan, all this equates to is less years that I am going to be able to enjoy a winning franchise in a new barn. And none of us are getting any younger.

I would like to know what portion of my tax dollars (all branches) get spent on things that I will never use, have no interest in, or don't have the means or prerequisites to take advantage of. And I would like to know what demographic I am in, and what percentage of total tax contribution that demographic is responsible for. Something tells me that while I am in the top contributor category, my wants/needs/uses for public dollars are in the minority when it comes representation and spending. And I'm sure I'm not alone here.

From my perspective, it would be nice to see some public money go to something that I want and can/will use. I know this all sounds very shortsighted, and of course there are other things on my particular list of priorities for public funding, but that is all for another discussion and this is the topic at hand.

I have supported a losing product in that ****hole that is the coliseum for long enough. This is starting to feel like our own little version of the lockout, and its embarrassing. Get it done already.
This post has more internal contradictions than Ted Haggard.