View Single Post
Old
09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
mattyports

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to mattyports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
Yup, and I've been over this before, too. I'm not talking about filling the team with guys like Brookbank. I'm talking about guys like Morrow, Hartnell, Torres, Sutherby and even guys like Ruutu, Barnaby and Petrovicky.

Those guys can all play the game and bring the much-needed toughness to the forward lines. Do we have any such player on our roster?- NO.
Which won't hurt us that badly. Look, those guys you named are ALL gritty players who are good for some production. But there are only so many of those guys in the league. Just because we don't have a perfectly-designated "agitator" who can goad opponents into a fight, a "pest" like Esa Tikkanen was (IMO the best at that role in NHL history -- I digress) does not mean that this year's B's are going to get pushed around. What are you getting at, DC? Other posters have mentioned the names -- Savard, Chara for starters -- with some edge to their games. I'll concede last year's edition had a little problem in the grit department, but I don't see this lineup being bullied much. I don't see what your argument is -- not everyone can have a Ruutu or Torres on the checking line. I'm alright with the guys we have.

mattyports is offline   Reply With Quote