View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Subban had a great year, I'm not downplaying that at all. Despite what you say, Theodore shouldn't have won the Hart that year. Hell, Sean Burke was the most valuable goalie and that is undisputable. The Habs media has more votes. You use the last Norris winner being in 88-89 as evidence? When did the Habs have a top 10 d-man in that time. Same with the Calder, when have they had realistic nominees prior to Gallagher this year?
Markov could have won in 2008-2009. Lidstrom won (and he was equally deserving of the trophy), but an argument for Markov could be made since he had more points than Lidstrom while playing on a far weaker team.

Subban could have been considered for the Calder in 2010-2011. Jeff Skinner won (he was equally deserving), but an argument could have been made for Subban.

Those are 2 examples of Habs' players who could have won the Calder or Norris in the last 5 years, but didn't. Does it bother me? No. The guys who won were equally deserving. That doesn't mean I wasn't rooting for my guys to win it.

Theodore and Burke both had amazing seasons when Theodore won the Hart. Burke won 3 more games, Theodore played in 7 more games and posted a significantly better GAA (2.11 vs 2.29) and Save Percentage (.937 vs .920). He led the Canadiens into the playoffs as the eighth and final seed in the Eastern Conference and was a pivotal factor in upsetting the top-ranked Boston Bruins in the first round. So, no, it was not Indisputable that Burke was the better goalie when you look at the year, the numbers, and what each goalie meant for his team.

If Gallagher wins it is because he deserves it. I would have said the same if Yakupov would have been nominated and won. I would rather see Gallagher win it, but it isn't going to cause me to lose sleep if he doesn't. Most likely Huberdeau will win it because of the team he was on and how well he did in spite of his team. Will I cry? No, I will hope that the kid enjoys his trophy and move on with my life.

I am more bitter about losing to Ottawa in 5 than I am about whether or not some player gets a trophy that will lead to his salary going up higher and faster.

Seriously.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote