View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
Ummm... I fail to see why Dipoto and Butcher carry a lot of the blame. Butcher deserves some blame, but not if he's overridden by Sosh. Napoli did well when he was traded away. Now you see Wells. Torii has had a fast start with Detroit. We fired hitting coach Hatcher last season, but we still are slow to the punch in April and are still struggling.

There is one factor in all these things: Sosh.

Recall Sunday's game against the Sox. The Angels were keeping even with Sox' Sale pitching a gem with Wilson also pitching a shut out. Then, I think it was the bottom of the seventh, where Wilson started to struggle. He struggled and allowed two men on with two outs (?) and threw a passed ball that moved the base runners up one base. I think they already had someone warming up (maybe Kohn). I had to be on the road at the time (was watching it) and listening to the commentators, I had to agree with them that Wilson was struggling and thought he would be replaced asap. Instead, he was left on the mound! WTF?! Really? That gamble lost, apparently. But what seems so apparent to remove Wilson to a normal fan and the official Angels broadcasters, happens to be amiss with who's running the team.

There, in a nutshell, is what hinders this team.
Well, Napoli has always had good power. And Torii was good here (he hit .313 last year!) and had real reason to train harder than ever this winter and prove himself after getting jilted by Moreno. So I don't necessarily agree with those two examples. Back to Napoli, he (so far) had a career year right after leaving the Halos, his average jumped like crazy and then fell down to earth the season after. He's not a .300 hitter, Sosh or no Sosh.

But its a plausible theory that guys are tuning out Sosh. I mean, just look at this team at times last year and so far through this one. The apathy is aplenty.