View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
Because having a realist mentality, it's not something I can see Pavelec doing regularly. Watched him in his nations jersey against Canada and that wrap around from Skinner...

I still think he has the potential, but I would like to see a more consistent game from him first than worry about padding stats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
If Pavs can't deliver us shut outs and 1 goal games here and there he isn't our guy.
I haven't run the numbers for the rest of the league, but i'm close to agreeing with Res here.

The jets held their opponents to one goal or less only 9 times this season, 2 of those games being Al Montoya.

Pavelec had 7 one goal games, only 2 of which came against teams that finished above us in the standings.

Furthermore, the Jets won every single game in which pavelec (or montoya) only allowed two goals or less (barring one so loss to boston).

Now i haven't checked the numbers against the competition, but that means to maintain a dcent GAA (which i know isn't as good a teller as sv%, but still) pavelec could only have allowed 10 or so games with more then 2 goals against in them.

Again, i haven't looked at the competition, but that doesn't sound exactly "awe inspiring" to me. It actually seemed like pavelec "kept us in" games until halfway through the second period alot, but then would collapse.

Grind is online now   Reply With Quote