View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 05:56 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypuck View Post
I must be part of that 95% fan base that never goes to see the Oilers live in recent memory I guess. The 95% that really don't care where the game is played at all. Why should we support failure served to us on an unprecedented level? I'm happy and prepared to only purchase playoff tickets. Remember 2006 playoff run, the building really took away from the product on the ice and the atmosphere in the building those two months. Put a decent team on the ice so the focus isn't just the building.

We need a new building, yes, but what's the rush? The forum in Montreal lasted 80 yrs. Maple Leafs Gardens lasted 75 yrs. The Coliseum is only 39yrs old. Why focus on the green grass on the other side of the fence. Billy has one, so we need one too?

It'll happen in time, whether Katz is the owner and the Oilers are the team is irrelevant. Why would the league leave this market vacant for more than a heartbeat?
Because we refuse to build a new building. See Winnipeg and Quebec City. No new building = no team. Whether you are watching from your couch or section 101, it wont matter, there wont be a team in this market until a new building is built, so why put it off until it will cost everyone, including taxpayers, more money?