View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 05:03 PM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
The Rangers have had major issues building the offense, they have had to retool far too many times since 2005: Jagr and his buddies, then the Drury and Gomez led offense in 2008-09, Gaborik and the Pack Line with the addition of Richards in 2011, and now we have an offense built around Nash.

That much turnover in the last 8 years indicates a level of short-sightedness, otherwise there would be little need to tear down the offense every other season. Part of the problem has to do with the Rangers inability to draft elite forward talent.
haha def true, we spent the past years drafting d and didn't focus on fwds (yes kreider and miller) but we took staal, mdz, McIrath, Sangs, Skjei... we heavily focused on D.. we have yet to see McIrath to judge and only time will tell, but that prob shouldve been Tarsenko forsure and many fans would agree that was our chance.. we also had Cherepenov die way to young and he was suppose to be a dynamite player.. i think we'll start drafting more fwds.. we're kind of at the point on d where if sauer returns we have a log jam and trades will have to be made, but time will tell..

Slats gets all the credit yes, but i think theres behind the scenes of gorton and clark doing all the work..i think with out them our player development and core wouldnt be like it is..

and torts is arrogant and a pain in the ass but lets be real guys what he did with the 2 major roster rehauls from last summer and mid season no less to even make the playoffs and even advanced to the 2nd rd that took a hell of a lot of good coaching.. he reminds me a lot like coughlin... guy isn't very personable or comes off that way, he is tough as nails, demands a lot from his players.. and gets the most out of them.. giants fans hated him and he's won 2 superbowls.. lets simmer those tempers for torts and let him do his thing..