View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 06:11 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Sather gets credit for everything Tortorella does anyway. That's the nature of management. Glen hired John.
I'm not sure. I think it depends on who you talk to and how they perceive things. It's pretty clear that this organization is run in a manner where many people are consulted. It's why it's frustrating when you have Tortorella supporters who act like any player transactions (trades, signings, etc) have nothing to do with the coach because it's the GM who does that. It is very apparent that Tortorella has a huge say in every transaction that is made. He told Sather he needed more depth and wanted that part of the lineup back. He signed off on trading Gaborik for the package that we got. That is a fact. The two are joined at the hip as far as I'm concerned because Glen doesn't do anything without running it by Torts first.

I still don't believe that Tortorella's current system is going to win us a Cup. It's just too "play not to lose" and grueling. I love what he has done with the locker room and the culture of the organization but as far as X's and O's I just don't believe this is what will get it done.

One thing I'll never understand is why a head coach who wins a Stanley Cup playing a certain way completely changes the way his team plays...And then the people who support him will use the fact that he won a Stanley Cup in their argument...Except his team is a complete 180 from how he won a Cup. Just don't get it. You would think winning it by doing it a certain way would mean he'd want to replicate it, not avoid it.