View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I Am The Stig
SPACESHIP!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Leafs nation simply can't have nice things. This fanbase is frustrating as hell sometimes.

Most goalies don't actually make a major impact until their late 20s, Reimer broke into the league at age 22, and he just turned 25 only a couple of months ago. He's gone through a lot of development and went through a major coaching change over the past year as well, both head coach and goalie coach.

Why do people cap his potential?

A lot of goalies at Reimer's age barely played in the NHL or were JUST breaking in, Ryan Miller for example had his breakout season at age 25. Lundqvist entered the league at age 23, a year older than Reimer, Quick also became a starter at age 23, Pekka Rinne became a full-time goalie at age 27, Jimmy Howard had his rookie year at age 25, Corey Crawford age 26, Niemi age 26, and hell, even Cory Schneider, though he's been in the league a few seasons, only truly became a starting goalie this year, at the tender age of 27.

If all of these goalies entered the league at ages later than Reimer who was 22 when he did (some of them much later), why are we writing Reimer off right now? Why is it a given that he won't develop anymore?
Because people want that elite goalie in net as if that would solve the Leafs problems. It's simply the saying of putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

I Am The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote