Old
09-28-2006, 09:07 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
And I agree 100% with what he said.

I've always felt that way, from Blackburn to Staal I've seen it right here on the Rangers.

The gap in choices is rather mind boggling. You can either play him in the CHL or the NHL. The jump from the CHL to the AHL is big and from the AHL to the NHL even bigger.
What's odd is how the Canadian junior leagues have basically got the NHL in a bind. How anachronistic. They need the junior leagues less than they ever have with college and especially with the internationalization of the sport (above and beyond any other sport in NA)... and yet the league continues to sign deals that basically put it in servitude to the equivalent of A and AA teams that draw under 100K people a year. (When most teams already have AA (i.e. Charlotte) and AAA (i.e. HFD) professional teams!)

It's the good ol' Canadian boys trying to protect their tradition and maintain the viabiliy of the junior leagues because they are vested in it - same way that NA refs let hooking and holding get worse and worse to allow scrub Western Canadians to keep jobs in the face of an influx of skilled players from other parts of the world.

Or at least that's my opinion.

Hopefully Renney's comments reflect a changing of the guard in NA thinking away from Don Cherry types to those who just want to see the best possible hockey in the NHL.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote