View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 07:32 PM
SympathyForTheDevils

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
Drouin has obvious skill, but I think his game is just a bit too flashy at this point to translate into the NHL. Not unlike other highly-touted Q stars who get plastered when they try those moves on NHL defencemen. It will probably take him a little longer than Mac to put up the points in the big show, and he may even end up back with the Moose next year though I wouldn't give it better than 50/50 odds.

MacKinnon is all but gone. I'd be shocked if he ended up back here, as there's just nothing left for him to learn in the Q. Such a pity he's likely to end up in Florida; what a wasteland of an NHL team in which to start his career.
This gets thrown around a lot, but the only player I can think of in the last 15 years that fits that description is PM Bouchard (and injuries had a lot to do with that). Historically, finesse forwards from the Q have had no problem translating their game to the NHL (at least, not any more than prospects from other leagues). It's the burlier, more physical players (Picard, Bourret, Bernier, Sheppard) that have had these problems.

SympathyForTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote