Thread: Jagr
View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 07:11 PM
missingchicklet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
You have captured how I feel about Jagr.

The Bruins made a play for him because they lost out on Iginla and felt desperate for offense. The classic rental.

He hasn't delivered thus far and looks like a square peg in a round hole on this team. Recchi was a rental who really fit the team and helped take their style to a higher level. Jagr does not.

Unless something dramatic happens in the rest of the playoffs I'll be very surprised if they bring him back.
I agree. When he first came I thought he would be used with more skilled players, but the way he has been used leads me to believe that he won't be coming back. Jagr still has something to offer a team that wants to use his skill set in the right setting. I like him and want to see him contribute to the Bs in a bad way, but beyond this playoffs it's hard to see the Bs wanting to bring him back, and in all honesty I doubt he wants to come back to this team given how he's been used. That being said, if Chia wants to re-sign him then I'm cool with that too since Jagr is fun to watch.