View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedeej97 View Post
Game 7 was the first night of our family vacation in Florida. We flew out the night after Game 6, sitting in the airport waiting for our flight to Orlando, John Boruk was at the gate next to us waiting for his flight to Boston. I was behind him in line for food a little before our flight, I gave him a "John, what do you think about tomorrow night?" He responded "4-3 good guys". Game day, I was a nervous wreck walking around Epcot, decked out in orange. By about 4:00, went back to the room to take a nap and listen to WIP before heading down to the Boardwalk to watch the game at ESPN Club. My dad stopped up to the room to wake me up to head down to the restaurant, I asked him what he thought. He said "Wouldn't it be crazy if they went down 3-0 and ended up winning the game 4-3?" I just said "Yeah right" and we were on our way down. Walked into the big room (off to the left side for anyone that's ever been there) and were greeted by an army of orange shirts, amazing atmosphere. Obviously, the atmosphere was killed after the first 10 minutes or so, brought back somewhat by the JVR goal at the end of the 1st. I cant even describe to you the noise level in that place after the Briere wrap-around that tied it. Being stuck with the Versus feed of the game, we were able to see Lavy's "We're going to win this game" quote coming back from commercial that everyone in Philly didn't get to see. Thought the roof was going to blow off the place after Gagne's goal. The last 7+ minutes were absolute torture, ending in what was one of the greatest feelings of my life. Hugging complete strangers then turning to my dad and getting a simple "Told ya." We partied deep into the night, migrating down the Boardwalk to the Atlantic Dance Hall. One of the lasting images from that night (the parts I remember) was the frightened looks on the faces of vacationers wondering "Who the hell are these people and why are they behaving like this?" As a 24 year old at the time, it was probably the best night of my life as a Flyers fan.
I was at the ESPN Zone during a Bruins - Lightning playoff game a couple days back and was surprised at how good the atmosphere was.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote