View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bruce View Post
I'm not sure. I think it depends on who you talk to and how they perceive things. It's pretty clear that this organization is run in a manner where many people are consulted. It's why it's frustrating when you have Tortorella supporters who act like any player transactions (trades, signings, etc) have nothing to do with the coach because it's the GM who does that. It is very apparent that Tortorella has a huge say in every transaction that is made. He told Sather he needed more depth and wanted that part of the lineup back. He signed off on trading Gaborik for the package that we got. That is a fact. The two are joined at the hip as far as I'm concerned because Glen doesn't do anything without running it by Torts first..
If that's Sather's style (which I agree with) and the Rangers are successful with Tortorella as the coach within that management style, then Sather still deserves credit. Again, that's what some management style's are about. It's about surrounding yourself with the right people to give you the right input and to get the job done, not about doing the work yourself. I think we're all aware that Sather is managing this team with a high level of input from the guys he's brought in, whether it be Clarke, Gorton or Tortorella. Sather gets the credit for their success.