Old
05-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I never said you used those words, I said you insinuated it. You said he had "amazing potential" and would be the "goaltending solution" for this team. I said he showed the potential to be the starting goalie, you said he showed more potential than that. That leads me to believe that you were insinuating that you knew that Bob would have a season like he had this year. Unless you were just saying you thought his "amazing potential" and his potential to be the "goaltending solution" for this team meant that he would be something more than just an average starting goalie, but less than a Vezina caliber goalie, which seems like a strange claim to make when you are talking about how apparent this guy's amazing potential was and how everyone knew how good he would be.

EDIT:

If that doesn't insinuate that you thought he would be as good as he was this year, I am not sure what does.
You're reading extremely deeply into that if you think any of that suggests "Vezina candidate." I look at that and see that I'm suggesting he showed more than enough potential to reasonably expect him to be an NHL starter, possibly of franchise caliber. You're venturing into strawman territory.