View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowes Line View Post
They ripped in to him for what he said. Ovi once again proving to be a cry baby who can't pin the blame on himself and his team for not showing up and/or producing.
It just shows the deep down losing mentality that comes out of playoff performances like this. Getting bounced early can lead to two things: 1.) a lesson that you accept and work to grow with and 2.) A woe is me everything is negative attitude.

You can't let bad officiating, past results (previous games in this series and previous series experiences) and whining influence your play. As much as people don't like Callahan's bland post game interviews after losses, that's how you want your captain to be. You want him to know they didn't perform how they should have and to know that they have the strength to come back and play better next game. Always keep your head up. Hockey is very much a mental game and letting negativity creep into your mind is the worst thing to happen in the playoffs. Unfortunately for the Caps it seems that all their early round exits and whining was very much ruining their psyche for the games. I'd rather have my captain give a boring interview where he says "we weren't good, we need to be better and we will be better tomorrow" than one who will whine about officiating and conspiracies.

Btw, anyone catch Fehr in his postgame interview in that video start by saying Hank wasn't anything special last night? They had 35 shots, a few breakaways and odd-man rushes as well as many point blank opportunities. He was indeed special in games 6 and 7. Fehr was talking like all of their shots were blocked or were unscreened from the outside. If only more players were like Backstrom. No whining, knows he needed to be better.

Glen Sathers Cigar is online now   Reply With Quote