View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 10:22 PM
tombombadil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merya View Post
To me it seems Like Europe would win in six or seven. It's just the perfect cut-off favoring the European team considering the fall of Soviet Union. Well almost perfect. 89 Would've given Europe Makarov.

Going by chemistry, I'd keep Lehtinen-Koivu-Selšnne together for second line. Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Jagr would probably be my first line. Bure-Forsberg-Fedorov would be my third line and try to match that against any opposition's 1st line.

Lehtinen-Datsyuk-Fedorov would be another interesting shutdown line. They could stop the opposition by blocking the goal with their Selke awards.
who would win could be argued, but i think it is clear that the Euro's, starting at this point in history, are equals. The same would not be said for any time period previous. I think this shows how much the game has progressed, and that the guys who stood out in 3d in years previous were standing out against lesser competition.

I also would pick the Euros with these lineups, but the lineups are way, way too solid to really be anything resembling confident.

tombombadil is offline   Reply With Quote