Old
05-14-2013, 10:39 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Based on what I saw in his two seasons here, I thought it was best to keep Bob and continue developing him. That had more potential for long term benefit than the Bryz signing. I haven't been proven wrong yet, and so far I'm being proven correct. The people who were pumped about his potential have been right. He seems to be taking the steps he needs to take and correcting the flaws that needed correcting. Nothing he's shown in 3 years indicates that he will suddenly explode and go full Mason/Boucher.
Is that what we are talking about? I thought we were talking about the decision to go with Bryz at the time of the decision, without hindsight, when he had played in 60 NHL games. Two years later when he has a Vezina nomination under his belt no one is thinking that he is going to flop. But two years ago when had only played in 60 games, it was certainly a possibility. Nevermind, you win. You are right. He showed amazing potential. He was destined to be a franchise goalie. Bryz was a terrible decision then and now and the entire situation is indefensible. Always better to wait for a no name guy to develop than to go with the established guy.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote