View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 10:44 PM
bhigo59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
The SPHL just made a move which caught almost everyone off guard. I'd think that this is just a first step in a strategic plan to grow single A hockey in the midwest and the east along with their traditional southern base.

In the midwest, Quad City (CHL) and St. Charles (CHL expansion) come immediately to mind as future SPHL markets. In the east, Elmira (ECHL), Wheeling (ECHL), Danbury (FHL), Trenton (formerly ECHL) and, yes, Reading (ECHL). In the south, both South Carolina (ECHL), Greenville(ECHL) and even Gwinnett (ECHL) and Florida (ECHL) could be target SPHL markets as well. These markets-for various reasons-seem more suited to the single A model of hockey than the AA.

I agree, many more moves could be coming very soon. The Peoria move to the SPHL instead of the ECHL was a shocker, and Bloomington bolting the CHL for the SPHL set the groundwork for moves which weren't even on most peoples' radars just two days ago.
Your just upset that Reading beat the Cyclones in 5 to advance to the Kelly Cup Finals. I'd like to know what your basis is for making these predictions. If it's attendance only you better look around a little more. Attendance between Reading and Cincy is comparable. Why didn't you include Kalamazoo?