Thread: Derek Dorsett
View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 12:04 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Not sure about light years better. If Clowe and Staal were legitimately healthy I would think the team was better. I think this team has the ability to be better than last years team.

Neil is the better fighter, but he is bigger.

Interesting how the Rangers really struggled to have any sort of depth until Boyle and Dorsett were able to get their feet back under them and play a bit together. I think Dorsett could be the ideal winger for a center like Boyle. Similar player style wise to Prust who Boyle thrived with.

Also, finally seeing Pyatt control the boards ala Fedotenko which helps.
With Staal I think the only place this team is worse is in defensive forwards. I feel like we had more guys like Prust and Feds that were really good defensively. They were therefore grittier. However, a healthy Staal means we don't play Bickel 3 minutes in a triple OT game. So that means the D doesn't get tired. Staal is great, but that fact might make wonder about Eminger and Moore vs. Staal and Bickel. If we have a weaker D talent-wise, but we don't end up playing with 5 D-men in a series, the trade off is interesting. Now offensively this team is much better. Stepan and Brassard are much better than last year's Richards and Stepan. I still prefer Nash over Gabby (especially injured Gabby). He was playing a lot better the last 2 games. No one on last year's team was as creative and as good of a passer as Brassard and Zucc. Richards has really not been this great in either year. Stepan was not great in the playoffs last year. Actually he hasn't been great this year, but he's a better player this year by far, I still have faith in him, I don't think he's been poor, he does have to pick it up though.