View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Bryz4shiz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
No need to come at me like that with your witty insult. And you are right, Bob looked like he had the potential to be a starting goalie. I agree. But again, potential is different than being a starting goalie. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Your last point about Bryz being a nut-job is not really good fodder for this discussion. At that point in his career, Bryz was among the top goalies in the league and was a year removed from finishing second in the Vezina voting and had put up consistently good numbers throughout his career. Yes, now, with hindsight, it is crystal clear that Bryz was not the goalie the Flyers wanted him to be. The contract is terrible and I don't think (even then) I said the contract was good. But again, at the time, they went with the bird in hand rather than the two in the bush.
Bryz was also coming off an atrocious playoff series and another mediocre one before that. Bryz never should have even been in the Vezina voting that year, he was playing on a defensively solid Phoenix team and Jason LaBarbera had better numbers than him that year. Vokoun on the other hand was coming off of better seasons where he played for a terrible team.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote