View Single Post
Old
05-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Montreal traded Higgins in the disastrous Gomez acquisition; doing so amidst Higgins' recovery from a wrist injury that had sent him into a long slump. He was subsequently traded from his hometown team (New York) and spiraled into some of the most depressing hockey I have witnessed. I doubt he wants anything to do with Montreal and likewise, they haven't any need of him. Furthermore, Tinordi is a young, gritty defenseman with high upside. What motivation does Montreal have to deal him for Higgins when they need size in their back end more than we do? Finally, Higgins just signed a contract with us and already we are asking him to waive his NTC? We may as well spit in his face - a guy who has arguably been among our best forwards.

Hartnell is an intricate part of Philly; having scored 30+ goals only a year ago. His influence on Vocarek and Simmonds has paid dividends in spades and while he may be made available, the asking price will exceed Burrows and a late pick. Philly is also looking to add offense, not subtracting it in a lateral trade. And like Higgins, Burrows recently re-signed after having given this franchise an absolute steal of a contract and we ship him out?

Okposo played a significant role in Long Island's success, in particular during the playoffs. Ballard is a dime a dozen defenseman that is overpaid. They have little motivation for this trade even if that pick offered was our first - the only way it wouldn't be insulting.

For reference sake, Moen has been AWFUL since signing that contract. Hab fans, myself included, would be delighted to unload him. Therefore, if it is your intent to establish a gritty and physical fourth line, you will be sorely disappointed with Moen. I also question how we make better use of our youth by tossing Jensen on the fourth line with players that will do nothing for him.

Bluntly stated, your proposals are quite unrealistic and spit in the face of two players who not only recently re-signed, but have been stables in our roster since arriving; Burrows more so.