View Single Post
Old
09-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
This is why I rate the importance of Lundqvist ahead of Jagr this season. I thought the defense needed a lot of improvement last season. While it was certainly upgraded, I've still got some question and concerns.

The potential for offense seems signifigantly higher than last year. Probably not enough to offset a long-term loss of Jagr, but surely enough to remain competitive with a sound defense and goaltending
See I view it as the opposite. The offense without Jagr I think just doesn't score enough goals (even with their additions). I think the Rangers could get by (albeit with great difficulty) without Lundqvist.

In other words I like the chances a little better of having to go with Weekes/Montoya or Weekes/a goalie acquired via trade if Lundy goes down than I do with trying to replace the 110 some odd points Jagr is going to bring.

Neither situation is ideal but the Rangers without Lundqvist were about a .500 team last year (as per Weekes record) mainly because of what Jagr produced.

I think you take Jagr out and this team is below .500. I think they lose alot of 2-1 or 3-2 hockey hames. With Jagr I still think they've got a shot to win 4-3 or 5-4.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote