View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhigo59 View Post
Your just upset that Reading beat the Cyclones in 5 to advance to the Kelly Cup Finals. I'd like to know what your basis is for making these predictions. If it's attendance only you better look around a little more. Attendance between Reading and Cincy is comparable. Why didn't you include Kalamazoo?
I am not happy that the Cyclones lost to the Royals, but that's not why I have them on a potential endangered list.

Their nearest rival-Trenton-just folded. Elmira and Wheeling both have well-documented problems. If these two teams leave the ECHL, then the Royals would be about 500 miles from their nearest ECHL opponent.

Add the Allentown AHL Flyer affiliate in a brand new arena less than 35 miles away from Reading and that doesn't help the Royals at all.

The Royals attendance has been falling for years as well.

I went to both of the Conf. Finals games in Reading and enjoyed myself. The arena is great and the fans and staff were very nice. I do not wish the Royals any ill at all. In fact, I hope that they can win the Kelly Cup. I think that they will. Enjoy it, if you're a Royals fan.