View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 04:03 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I hate to say it, but I'm really not expecting a whole lot from this pick. I don't have faith in our brain trust that they know what they're doing outside of an obvious gimme no.1 overall pick.

The only pick that's really turned up roses for them outside of the no.1 selections has been the Eberle pick and that was probably more of a fluke than anything, maybe the hockey gods giving us a break for the Pronger trade.

I'm skeptical of Mac T/Lowe's "bold move" talk in general, this is the same group that let Glencross walk, dealt away Torres for Brule, and then Pitkanen on an RFA contract for Erik Cole, a pending UFA.

They're probably going to end up doing something stupid in the summer now that they're feeling heat even from the usually coddling Edmonton media.
37 pages in and you dropped the bomb that we all had in the back of our heads.

Nothing is going to change. This team is fundamentally unsound in the way it was built, the way it is built, and the way it's going to continue to be built.

Drafting forwards before defense. Drafting wingers before centers. One-dimensional skill rather than multi-faceted excellence.

I just don't see how this ship gets righted, especially with the same management group.