Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards Part II
View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 08:07 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
All legitimate questions. A lot of fans have been sold on Brassard thanks to a solid 10 games and playoff series. Not me.

I think theres no doubt that even this disaster version of Richards make the team deeper at center next year. But I keep circling around to whats the point of hanging onto him if hes going to be in a reduced role? Its just a stay of execution.

And this is coming from a guy that likes Richards a lot. His game has just fallen off a cliff. Business is business.
I just don't even see him as that great of a stop-gap for next season anymore. Also, one would have to think there will be other players who will be amnestied this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
because he can have a chance to redeem himself next season and if not, we still have the buyout in our pocket after next season. while he has been horrendous, he was still on a 60 point pace this year. i just don't see where we're going to find a 60 point center to be his replacement.
Stephen Weiss is an option. Richards, to me, does not look anything like a 60 point center. Also injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
I think Richards will be with the Rangers next season, solely as a stop gap for Lindberg. Rangers will want to ease Lindberg into the lineup. Rangers have 3 good centers right now and if Lindberg comes in and produces Rangers have 4 and Richards will not only become expendable, but bringing his contract off the books is huge.
Why? Lindberg is not 20 years old. He has been playing for a few years against men in the SEL. They will say all the right things, such as they don't want to rush him etc. But I can almost bet they want to see him in NY ASAP next season.

Miller is another option after another off-season of training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I think they will most certainly keep hi around net year. Whether or not he returns to form, having center depth will be great. Keep Boyle, as well. If we're shipping anyone out, should be Pyatt.

Try to add Jagr, maybe, but for the most part they should look to stay steady for an offseason.
I am hoping they amnesty Richards and ship out Powe and Pyatt. Either replace them from within or go out and get some more snarl for the bottom-6. Players like Thomas, Fasth, Lindberg, Kreider and Miller will need spots sooner or later.