View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 09:17 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
You think it is a long shot that Lander plays in the NHL?

Of course you need to define useful. Take a look at this thread.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1298875

Notice that not one player drafted at #30 between 1999 to 2008 became a top six forward or top 4 dman. And if you look at the 50 players taken in the 26-30 slot over that period only ten reached that level.

So yes, the odds of a high second rounder turning into something better than Lander is a long shot at best.
ROR #33 and Simon Despres #30 were pretty good picks. That is from 99' only. Weve now had five drafts under Stu, with the sixth coming up. So by your definition, we should have one of our early second rounders turn out from the players already taken. Who is that going to be? Are you going with Lander? In 67 nhl games he has 7pts and hasnt been a + player once in either the ahl or the nhl.

Dont forget that in 2010, we had three second round picks. In 2008 we had none, but we have still had 6 second round picks since 2008, most of them very early in the second round.

Pitlick
Musil
Marincin
Lander
Moroz
Hamilton

As of now, it looks like the only guys who look like they might make it are Lander (7pts -12 in the nhl) and Marincin.

I dont see how that can be characterized as good drafting at all.