View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
what is your reference point for your perceived trade value of Vanek.

I'm glad you admit that you have no clue what we will get in return for Vanek, right before imagining all sorts of ludicrous returns.

I pay plenty of attention to the history of trades, that's how I know that the 1 year remaining is a MAJOR factor in his trade value.

Gaborik had more than a year remaining and he returned a good young NHLer, a middle tier young defensemen, and a 4th line scrub. No 1sts, no high end prospects.... just a good solid hockey trade.

Olli Jokinen was traded at Vanek's age, and he had over a year left on his deal.... he was coming off 3 straight 35+ goal seasons.... he had 80-90 pt seasons... and he was traded for Keith Ballard, Boynton, and a 2nd... and then for Lombardi, Prust, 1st.... neither of which are huge returns.

Vanek's trade value is absolutely affected by the 1 remaining year... GMs aren't giving up decades of controllable assets (two 1sts = 14 years of asset control), for one year of Vanek.

You should wake up.
Excellent response and points. Most Sabres fans are out to lunch with their expectations of what Thomas Vanek will return in a trade. The return won't be CLOSE to what most are wanting or expecting.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote