View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 10:52 AM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
we need to overcome that defense, damn guys if they are without their best d-men we cannot afford to play soft
It sets up very similarly. You can bet they'll try and get their top line out their with Del Zotto - Eminger on the ice. I don't know much about Bartkowski/Krug/Johnson but you'd have to assume they're better than what we would be putting in to replace our injured guys (Gilroy-Bickel). Staal's return would be enormous but I just have zero reason to believe he's coming back.

I think that our 3rd/4th lines are going to play the biggest role early in this series. One of my biggest gripes with Torts has always been him not rolling his lines (something the Bruins always do) and getting every one involved. The ONLY time we ever see it happen is when the fourth line can find a way to score in their 2 or 3 shifts. On Monday they got the big goal from Asham and so he decided to give them more time. As the score grew more and more in our favor they got more and more ice. Asham has looked really good in the playoffs. With Richards on that line now and Kreider there's no reason they can't see at least a few more shifts. They're going to have Chara matched up with Nash you'd assume. So Hags-Step-Cally need to generate offense and that third line with Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett really has a chance to be a huge difference maker against their third pairing.