View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 01:05 PM
McGreat One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
@ Great One and Nuge

I agreed with another poster's suggestion of Lapierre because we don't have a true pest on this team and haven't had one for a long time. Whether or not we sign him or a guy like him (perhaps someone with courage), we need a pest on this team.
Everyone will have different opinions of what this team needs, and who's to say any of us are wrong? Having a pest on the team may be exactly what we need and I guess we won't know until it actually happens.

But from what I've seen from this team and what I think we need more than anything are players with size and physicality that can also chip in on the scoresheet every now and then. I think we need more players that can win battles in the corners and create space for our more skilled guys. I found the bigger teams like San Jose just had their way with us because we just weren't strong enough to take the puck from them.

Players that come to mind that fit this suit are Lucic or Backes (obviously these players are not available), but to a lesser extent and free agents that could actually be attainable are players like Clowe, Clarkson or even Horton who may be a little softer than the rest of the guys but he can win battles.

Like I said, maybe a pest could fit in great with this type of team but for me it all depends on what type of pest you're talking about. If you're talking about guys like Ott, Neil, or Tootoo then I'm all for it. These guys can take care of themselves. Marchand is also a special case because he has the ability to score 30 goals. But if you're talking about a player like Lapierre or Kaleta that are known more for their antics then no thanks.

McGreat One is offline   Reply With Quote