View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 01:30 PM
HockeyMomx2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBarrz View Post
Hey guys, sorry to get a lil off topic, but I'm looking for some advice. I've never been to a NHL playoff game before, but ill be at games 1 and 2 in Boston. When I found out I was pumped to pack my jerseys and show my pride. But my dad said I shouldn't wear my jerseys or any Rangers gear since its away and the Bs fans have an apparent history of beating fans up. Do any of you guys have experience wearing jerseys at away games in the playoffs? Would I be in actual danger or is my dad full of it? Regardless I'm pumped for the games!
He's not totally full of it, but if he's talking about the two Toronto fans who got beat up he's a little mis-informed and either left out the facts leading up to those beatings or doesn't know about them. Anyone who goes into anyone else's barn wearing the opposing teams jersey and then makes stupid comments referring to a horrific tragedy and stating that we "deserved what we got" and/or being drunkenly stupid should know things aren't going to end well for them. I would imagine if the same situations occurred down there the end result would have been the same. Just don't be an obnoxious fan that makes everyone around you miserable every time NYR does something good. Be that opposing team fan that can sit with the "enemy", have a few beers, enjoy the game and some friendly ribbing and you'll be fine. Not that we don't have our share of idiots up here, but we are not nearly as unfriendly as others try to make us out to be.