View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Toydarian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its up to you or anybody but one can learn to appreciate the solid aspects of the Winning game that the Kings are playing. One can admire the outright commitment of the entire team to a system of play that allows them to be better than the parts. Make no mistake either that the KIngs have excellent parts.

Theres a large core of players here that are exceptionally talented and that could play a less focused game, get away with it, and be the Washington Capitals, but are willing and committed to be that much better.

As fans the reason I think we watch playoffs is seeing excellence. With the Kings we truly are in every capacity and at every position.

Quite simply the LA Kings are playing immutable hockey right now and doing it well within the rules and without the holding, clutching, interference that was so allowed a decade or more ago.

This is just an excellent team playing hockey at its highest level.
I do appreciate the little things the Kings do (e.g. effortless breskouts, excellent puck support, controlling the front of the net, etc.). However, if all there is to appreciate is the little things, that means the primary substance is lacking. As I said, from a coaching and LAK fan standpoint, it's arguably perfectly executed hockey. But as an impartial observer, the product just seems to lack sizzle and excitement.

Like The Perfect Human said, maybe it's only exciting when their opponents are able to play a similar style with similar effectiveness. Who knows, maybe I should be directing my complaints towards the Sharks and their inability to make adjustments. Maybe it's because the Kings don't make the high risk/high reward plays which lead to goals and goals against. Maybe it's because individual skill isn't manifested in an obvious manner. All I know, is I get a little bored watching them play.