View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 04:31 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
I do appreciate the little things the Kings do (e.g. effortless breskouts, excellent puck support, controlling the front of the net, etc.). However, if all there is to appreciate is the little things, that means the primary substance is lacking. As I said, from a coaching and LAK fan standpoint, it's arguably perfectly executed hockey. But as an impartial observer, the product just seems to lack sizzle and excitement.

Like The Perfect Human said, maybe it's only exciting when their opponents are able to play a similar style with similar effectiveness. Who knows, maybe I should be directing my complaints towards the Sharks and their inability to make adjustments. Maybe it's because the Kings don't make the high risk/high reward plays which lead to goals and goals against. Maybe it's because individual skill isn't manifested in an obvious manner. All I know, is I get a little bored watching them play.
It's no different than respected defensive fighters in boxing or MMA. Might be boring as hell, but if you truly see what they are doing it's a piece of magic.