View Single Post
05-15-2013, 03:46 PM
vCash: 150
Originally Posted by the skipper View Post
this may not be the right board but I have a comment and question. Where were some DEL players during the World Championship? Where was Flaake and how good is he? Where was Schubert? Why was Rieder not invited? Is Kuhnhackl healing? What's his future? I think I'm missing a few names. I was a little disappointed at some of the players who were missing
Flaake was injured (broken fibula) and so was Schubert (I don't know exactly what he had). Rieder is also injured (broken hand). I have no information about Kühnhakl's healing process, and I am quite curious about that myself.

Flaake has not established himself as a dominant player on the national team, but I am very high on him. I loved his development the last couple of years and I think he could become the best German player outside of North America, and maybe the best player in the DEL, period. I just love his game, this mix of physical play, skill and goal scoring ability. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and manages to pick up where he left off.
Besides Constantin Braun Flaake was, to me, the biggest missing piece on this World Championship roster. There were some other really good players missing, but personally I missed Flaake and Braun the most.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote