View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Bogosian plays far harder minutes, and less PP time. Both projected to around 35 points over 82 games. Either way, both are what the Flyers need. Shame guys of this quality are so rarely available.
Shattenkirk is the better puck mover and offensive defenseman. He wasn't projected for 35 points this year either, closer to 45. He had 46 last year as well. He is the type of defenseman we need. Pair him with a player like Grossmann or Schenn and just let him play his game. Bogo is the more physical player though, but that doesn't mean Shatty can't lay a hit or two.

One minor concern with Bogo also is he is injured quite often. Shatty is a pretty reliable player.

I can just feel a blockbuster trade between the Flyers and Ducks coming this offseason. Both teams coming off a very disappointing season/playoff appearance. Anaheim is not happy with Ryan nor are they with Sbisa. If I am Holmgren, he should target both of them in a trade. The writing is on the wall for this one I feel. Seems like Murray will come knocking here first if he looks to move Ryan, we have been interested in him for some time now.

Last edited by Prongo: 05-15-2013 at 05:11 PM.