View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 05:19 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
The post you quoted of mine was specifically addressing Stu's record since I was responding to a claim that the current regime has been poor at the draft. I actually stated in post #936 which you quoted that the Prendergast years were a disaster.

Stu's first draft was 2008 and in that draft he picked Eberle at #22 and Hartikainen in the 6th. They did not have a second rounder.

Lander was picked in the 2nd round in 2009. Of the roughly 120 players picked in the second rounds between 2009 and 2012 exactly 3 have played more games in the NHL than Lander. They are ROR, Justin Faulk and Kyle Clifford. So perhaps there is some evidence that it is too early.
Like I said in an earlier post, Prendergast had eight years on the job while Stu has had seven.

Games played is a bit of a misleading stat when you consider how the Oilers have thrown their prospects into the fire due to lack of depth. What we should be looking at is who is or will likely be an effective player in the league. Lander may turn into that but he is not that yet.