View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 06:35 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
It was your chart. These numbers use games played as the measure of success.
Not my chart, it was borrowed, but again we suck either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Again, what would be evidence for you. Discounting Klefbom weakens your case. Or would I be reasonable in saying that the 2012 draft was an absolute bust beyond the first round since no first rounder has yet made a regualr contribution to their team.

You can't have it both ways.
Im not going to jump up and down proclaiming Klefbom a success until he is actually successful in the nhl.

We dont have to look at 2012, we can look at 2008-2011 if you like. Or any point inbetween or along the way. We suck every step of the way outside of Eberle and the first overalls, and possibly Klefbom. All first round picks. After than, it is a barren desert where we are forced to hold up Lander and Hartikainen as evidence of success at the draft table. Pretty underwhelming if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
And over those 8 years, we wound up with talents in the 1st round such as Mikhnov, Niinimaki, Pouliot, Schremp, Plante, and Nash. You can complain that our 2nd round and later picks aren't panning out quite as well as we'd hoped, but at least Stu isn't wasting 1st round picks
Pretty hard to do since the last flat out first overall bust was 14yrs ago. Eberle was a home run. Paajarvi is teetering between good and bad. The rest were gimmies.

We need more than that. We should expect more than that.