View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 08:58 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Have you ever lived in the inner-city here in Philadelphia? There's plenty of people that are proud of the fact that they live in the "ghetto". It's some dumb mentality that you're not "hard or tough" unless you live in a crime-ridden area or commit crimes. I'm talking about all races here too white, black, latino, etc. I've seen kids from all those races boast about being from the "ghetto".

I'm sure there's plenty of people who also hate living in these areas also but don't be naive and act like there's not people who take pride in the fact that they come from slums. I mean all you have to do is put on a "gangsta rap" cd if you never witnessed it in person.
It's more a symptom of a culture of poverty and yeah it pervades all races......

It's definitely hard not to generalize and think politically incorrect thoughts..anybody who doesn't is probably lying but definitely people have to be careful of gross oversimplification. I think Bryz is a bit guilty of it and a master philosopher like him should know better but hey he's allowed to think the way he does as do others..problem is when the rhetoric gets out of hand and leads to dehumanization (not suggesting Bryz is doing that just making a general point). Easier to kill people if your consider them animals etc....Bryz should know that....Germany didn't exactly like his kind during WWII....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote