View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 10:05 PM
AngelDuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
If there's one thing you guys can do, it's take our GM's word for it (same GM that's a finalist for GM of the year). Regardless of his past 'dumpster diving,' he made tremendous strides with just three notable free agent additions (Winnik, Souray, Allen). Obviously it's clear that the latter two - come playoff time - proved to be not the best fits, but hindsight is 20/20. They had great regular seasons. The doom and gloom is out of place We can only get better from this year and that is something to be very excited about.

Now, all of that being said, the forward lineup wasn't as much of an issue if you ask me. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan swapped out for someone that has more of a physical presence. For one we'll probably after go after a Clarkson-type... also a Rinaldo or Torres for the fourth line.

But I think we're about to see a big change in the defensive lineup. Fowler and Beauchemin are obviously untouchable, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Souray and/or Allen get hit with the amnesty buyout(s). I'm surprised that so many people are willing to trade Sbisa after the playoff performance he just put up as well. He was easily right alongside Lovejoy as our 3rd/4th best defenseman behind Beauchemin and Fowler. For the salary he comes at as well, it doesn't make any sense to trade him unless we're getting a better defender (if that's the case count me in).

Judging by our relationship with Philadelphia, if they're looking to unload the defense and move forward with a younger team, I'd be thrilled with a Coburn acquisition. Meszaros.... not so much but that's another deal I could see happening.
No. Sbisa was Sbisa. He was awful in the playoffs. Not sure what games you were watching. He was looking like the fringe 3rd pairing defenseman that he is