Old
09-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Taz#24

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
ahhhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
Nice to see I'm not the only one who feels this way.

There's nobody other than Brookbank among the forwards who is even close to being tough or willing to stick up for a teammate. They will be pushed around again this year and the situation won't be addressed because our new coach, like our last one, likes a soft team and it seems our GM does as well.
I think someone else has been saying it too DC...he goes by the handle Taz#24 (names like TORRES, HARTNELL, KESLER etc). I also remember being the most jacked guy here when I thought we might land SHANAHAN.

Now that the sarcasm is out of the way. I sooooooo agree with your point, it's not that I advocate a bunch of goons but an infusion of sandpaper would keep the other teams honest regarding taking liberties with out skill guys and even tough the game is less phyical in some aspects, it still picks up considerably in playoffs, particularly body checking/hitting, which is exactly the way it should be all the time. Let's face it, there is nothing wrong with a good fight now and then either, it can send a message to the rest of the team to get off their ***** and get in the game. You have to have someone who is willing in order to do that though, guys that can and will fight if required and can still play the game. We have some tough guys in terms of pain threshold and internal fortitude but we don't have many who will initiate or even defend a teammate by actually fighting with the exception of PRIMEAU and CHARA. DONOVAN is sometimes willing but doesn't strike fear into anyone and BROOKBANK is just a goon who will not see much icetime. Mark STUART may be that type of player but we haven't seen enough of him yet. If someone tries to convince me that Andrew ALBERTS is, I will puke. He hits hard and often and I like that about him but he has turtled everytime someone challenges him and I have 0 respect for that. I know from a team perspective there is a time and place to drop your gloves but this guy never seems to get challenged at the right time I guess???

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote