View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Souray at times was our best dman he should not be playing top2 min obviously but lol at wanting to get rid of him. Besides leadership and toughness his shot from the point is one the teams best weapons. Allen wasnt bad as well. The team needs to replace Lydman and Lovejoy.
Trading Ryan for one top pairing dman is the priority.
Souray has better offensive instincts than Allen (by about 1000%) but he seems unable to skate, he couldn't get a shot through from the point the last part of the year (as the Dallas posters said would happen) and was causing turnovers by a failure to react to pucks that were his responsibility late in the year and in the playoffs. I think the team needs one of the two on the 3rd pairing, not both. Allen was the 4/5 I think they thought they were getting by the end of the year. Souray might be better than him in that role but Allen was a MUCH faster skater than Souray by the end of the season.

I think Lovejoy is a great #6, not sure what the dislike is. I also think Lydman is a far better defensive defenseman than anyone on the team but Beauchemin, especially when played on the left where he belongs. There's hoody on the team to replace him right now.