View Single Post
Old
05-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I think you're selling Gardiner a bit short here. He's very good offensively and his defense is coming around. I would love to have him on the Avs.

To be fair, he had a concussion at the time and no one really knew how he was doing. Not an injury prone one-season wonder but still hard to trade O'Reilly for him. Especially after all the issues the Avs have had with concussions recently.
I don't think so.

Gardiner has been overhyped because he's on the Leafs.

I will admit that he did have a hell of a playoffs. He looked very good and calm with the puck. That Gardiner I would love to have on the Avs. But its still a small sample size, not and indication that this is the player he will be.

But during the regular season he looked awful almost all year. Barrie was much better then him Defensively, and Offensively they were close.

Now, Im not saying Barrie is a better prospect then Gardiner. I still think Gardiner has an edge on Barrie, he has a higher top end potential then Barrie(Gardiner has #1/2 potential IMO, Barrie has #2/3) and at times(Like the playoffs this year) looked well on his way to reaching that potential, BUT I would rather we just hang on to our guys in Barrie/Elliott/Jones then move a valuable asset like Stastny to only pick up a marginal gain over Barrie in Gardiner.

If we move Stastny, I would rather it be for a young top 9 forward with Top 6 potential(Brassard would have been awesome) then to move it for a Dman.

Were a lot weaker on the Wing then on Defense.