View Single Post
Old
09-29-2006, 07:08 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Speed does not equal quickness or urgency. Just ask Ron Hainsey. The new NHL is built for quickness and size, not speed alone. The offensive zone is so big now that if you are quick and able to work a short-passing game and have some size to carve out space, you are in good shape.

Souray is probably the fastest skater on this team, but he has very little quickness and acceleration.

This is one of Kostitsyn's problems.

His other problem is that we have too many players like him already and we need a guy like Latendresse to bring the physicality, crash the net and boards and still make plays.

Our top 6 are not "soft" but they sure don't create space for themselves in the "jam" areas, and therefore they are one dimensional, even with all their physical attributes.

Also, the fact that we only have one defenseman who can dynamically move the puck (if his other chores are lessened) means we need to make the most of our chances when we do get the puck in the other end, because we are not a threat on the rush even with all our speed and skill, that's for sure.

I think Kosty could play in the NHL in the right situation right now, but he's not the type of player we need right now, unless someone goes down, then he can fill in. He's not going to do anything unless he's with Koivu though. Koivu is the only guy who can make him work in the NHL at this point imo. All he has that is elite is his shot (range of releases, strength of his shot). I doubt he is able to set up his own shot at the NHL level. He can't even do it at the AHL yet.
me think that you ,are far to have a good analyse of our players ...

May be you mixed the name of the Habs players with the ones of the Expos de Montreal ? The Allouettes may be ?

i like the " He's not going to do anything unless he's with Koivu though. Koivu is the only guy who can make him work in the NHL at this point imo. " ;

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 09-29-2006 at 07:14 PM.
goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote