View Single Post
05-16-2013, 12:26 AM
TA1 Sports
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SympathyForTheDevils View Post

Ultimately, my point is that, yes, Drouin could be a disappointment, if:
1)His attitude or work ethic is poor.
2)His on-ice intelligence/decision-making doesn't keep up with his skills.

3)He suffers serious injuries during development.

But it won't be because of an imaginary skill forward barrier where Drouin's skills become immediately obsolete just because he can't deke every player he comes across anymore.
You might as well throw 1 and 2 out the window now. 3, injuries are obviously unpredictable.

In regards to your other comment, I can't agree enough and I have a huge issue with this reputation that Drouin is getting as purely a hilite real machine. I've heard it way to many times, "Oh, well he's not going to be able to deke through everyone like that in the NHL", he's being pigeon held as a player that creates a lot of his offense through these eye popping plays, could not be further from the truth.

His hockey sense, decision making and passing ability are all off the charts for a draft prospect. That is where a large portion of his production comes from. He only had a handful of "hilite" real goals/assists this year. Most of them were just smart hockey plays.

His size gets brought up a lot as well. Foolishness. How does Paval Datsuk's size effect him negatively? Because he's very comparable to Drouin in terms of size.

TA1 Sports is offline   Reply With Quote