Old
05-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
Playground for the rich?

Cool. Didn't know I'm rich... I'll be there all the time for Oilers, Oil Kings, Rush and various concerts.
Just curious but why would you think the Edmonton Rush would end up playing at the new Arena. Theres no Oiler affiliation with this club, they would only sell a fraction of the building, and would represent a poor use of the facility.

I suspect they stay where they are if they even remain here as a club as they are losing money year after year.

As far as "rich" I wouldn't put it that way but when lowest cost tickets are probably 100 bucks for most events its a more select market. People seldom seem to consider the layout of the new arena and that as described has a lot of luxury, loge, suite, and party seating but very little, if any cheapseats type sectioning. Its a whole different layout then what people are used to at Rexall. There is no "nosebleed" level in the new build. The top level at the new arena is still all very marketable seating. They won't go cheap. Only Oil Kings, and Curling, if located at the new facility, will be easily affordable.