View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 12:19 AM
The Perfect Human*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Sean Monahan easily. I don't understand the Lindholm hype. Monahan had no help on his team whatsoever this season and produced respectable numbers.
He's got more legit top-line C offensive talent than Monahan IMO. Better vision, better play-making ability, and more likely to put up points and create for his wingers. Monahan is more likely to excel in his 2nd line C role than Lindholm is in a 1C role. They're both lauded for their 2-way play, but I feel Monahan is a step above Lindholm in that regard. His size and style are more conducive to playing against physical C's as well.

Because we have RNH, Monahan is the logical choice with that pick. More secure of a pick to address an organizational need. But I can see the "hype" around Lindholm for other teams. There's a reason he's ranked above Monahan in this draft. We're spoiled with top-line talent in previous drafts - some teams are still looking for it.

A team like CGY would really benefit from having a 1C like Lindholm heading into the future. But methinks that Feaster will figure a guy like Monahan is necessary to play in the new division next year.