View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 02:43 AM
PCSPounder

vCash: 500
When the Wenatchee-BCHL issue came up again, I wondered if the BCHL was going to be the same issue it was last year. It's theoretically that way again... except the league's justification might be more solid.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...aded-to-texas/

Yes, this would be part of the proceedings leading up to Wenatchee BCHL, but there's no lease in Wenatchee for BCHL availability at this moment.

While I'd hope someone else could take up a contract with the city of Wenatchee, that doesn't seem likely. There are indications that Bill Stewart got a sweetheart deal in Texas, and that he was running low on funds to be a BCHL owner... if that makes sense.

This puts Wenatchee hockey between a rock and a hard place. The NAHL wasn't manageable in that location without a lot of close competition. Town Toyota Center is too big for NORPAC or even AWHL (I've seen that rumor)... probably the same for WSHL. It wouldn't be the smallest WHL building, but certainly the smallest in the US Division with practically no way to get a current team unless it can be poached from another US city. It's also too small a market- and more importantly too far from a good airport- to consider the ECHL. It's really the right size for BCHL. Sad.

Last edited by PCSPounder: 05-16-2013 at 02:48 AM.
PCSPounder is offline   Reply With Quote