View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercalius View Post
Wait now, I got blasted for supporting them a week or so ago when they were about to edge past the Clippers

Really though, huge win tonight - and I'm so stoked that the franchise is reaching a milestone it never has before. Having lived in Memphis and Middle TN both, I've always been annoyed by the rivalry that's existed between the two areas - naturally, the national bandwagon is going to run with some Grizzlies hype from here on out (after taking out the Clips and Thunder, both supposed title contenders weeks ago), but I'd really like, naively, for all of TN to get behind the home team. I know Memphis isn't Nashville. Hell, it's not even Murfreesboro or Cool Springs, but it's its own little special slice of Tennessee. The BBQ, Beale Street, Memphis in May, Gus's Chicken (to die for)...geographical preferences aside, I think any native of the state has some appreciation of the above. Let's show some support for the basketball team reaching a milestone they've never achieved before, and hope for the best. It's best for the city, best for the state, and will go a long, long way to making the hockey offseason go by a lot faster.
Huge Grizz fan and couldn't be happier to see the team achieving this kind of success. Hope they can give a real strong show in the WCF and find a way to face Miami in Finals.