View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 05:28 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
Interesting you point that out.

Another thing to consider is that Backstrom led Brynas in scoring in his draft year. That's pretty amazing in the SEL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
Except Backstrom lead his team in points with 26 (second highest was 24) whereas Lindholm was third on his team in points (second at 36, first at 42).
I don't think that leading your team or being 3rd makes that much of a difference in these cases but if the point is to say that Backstrom was a better prospect than Lindholm I agree (and for point total winners, this hasn't changed so much, check 06/07 vs the last two seasons, it goes up and down from season to season even though a slight increase in points production is evident).

The statistics was just fun to point out seeing as they were playing for the same club and that there are so many people who use numbers, and nothing else, to evaluate players.

The point was to say that Lindholm is for real and he would be an excellent pick at 7th overall any draft year (this included). In my own list of favorites for our 7th pick I do actually put Monahan ahead of Lindholm. That being said, I'd be thrilled with anyone of them. IMO a case can be made that BPA after Seth Jones are one of McK, Bark, Mon and Lind, even ahead of Drouin, Nurse and Nich. Seeing as we need a center I feel very good about going into this draft and I will continue to feel good about it until we screw up and pick the wrong guy at 7th...